Multibillion dollar Automotive OEM located in the Metro Detroit area is currently in search for a Senior Intelligent Vehicle Engineer to join their growing team at their North America Tech Center. The Senior Intelligent Vehicle Engineer will will focus on development and implementation of frameworks and algorithms of sensor fusion and perception for advanced autonomous driving systems. Responsibilities include developing algorithms to track and classify objects, fuse perception and mapping to provide a holistic view of the surrounding of automated vehicles. This includes applications of cutting edge solutions for localization, SLAM, sensor fusion, scene building and interpretation, situation assessment, classification, prediction.
location: Plymouth, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The candidate will collaborate with other algorithm developers, perception, localization and mapping engineers, and system architects for other subsystems to achieve extremely capable automated vehicle.
- The candidate will develop perception and sensors technologies enabling automated vehicle features that will integrate into targeted vehicle applications.
- The candidate will work closely with engineering researchers, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop components and systems to support features.
- The candidate is expected to lead or support advance technical work that develops, deploys, validates, and optimizes new technologies on sensor, sensing, perception and/or features for automated vehicles.
- Travel as required.
- Bachelor in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, required; Master's/PhD Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of production automotive experience.
- Ability to independently carry out all phases of algorithm development, compile, build, debug, simulation, testing, validation and documentation.
- Ability to produce effective written and verbal communication across a global team.
- Experience in SW engineering, especially C/C++, debugging skills, and multi-threaded programming, Matlab and Simulink.
- Tracking theory knowledge such as in Kalman filters.
- Knowledge about automated driving.
- Team player and project-oriented.
- Familiarity with autonomous driving sensors such as Camera, Radar, Lidar and IMU/GPS
- Background in data/information-fusion, uncertainty-analysis, and the application of stochastic probability models, including Hidden Markov Models and Bayes' Theorem
- Experience with Embedded SW Development environments
- Camera, Lidar, radar, IMU, GPS, information fusion, C/C++, electronics, algorithm development, debug, simulation, validation, sensors, perception, sensor fusion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.