A Process Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Canton, NY area. This position works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
location: Canton, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 25.09 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyzing and reviewing data to draw conclusions and drive towards process improvements
- Writing experiment plans and reports
- Performing process audits
- Understand flow of information and material through the manufacturing process
- Write, audit, and maintain process documentation as needed, and as scheduled
- Provide process related instruction and/or training, if necessary
- Attend Process Engineering and/or Production-related meetings
- Tracking and communications of product line critical to quality metrics
- Actively participate on a Safety related team or program
- Associates degree in an engineering or technical field.
- Manufacturing experience desired, but not necessary
- MS Office; particularly Word, Access and Excel; ability to build queries, set up spreadsheets with formulas etc
- Must have a strong desire to analyze and interpret data
- Must understand hypothesis testing and experiment planning
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Willingness to interact with others and actively seek out answers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (can plan / organize their activities based on objectives)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.