Client seeks to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to their growing team. Candidate will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with exciting technology and product offerings.
location: Peabody, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design electromechanical products, assist in the assembly of prototypes, and perform test procedures to validate a design to the customer's satisfaction.
- Design assembly and test fixtures as required for manufacturing.
- Create test procedures and produce reports to collaborate with our sales department to ensure customer requirements are met.
qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- BSME or equivalent or related proven capability and experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Certification in SolidWorks a plus.
- Certification in GD&T a plus.
- Mechatronics and/or Motion Control experience is required
- Strong mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment, and experience working with electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated mechanical design creativity and pragmatic problem solving skills, with the ability to design with manufacturing and cost in mind.
- Advanced SolidWorks knowledge required. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Sound understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to generate accurate reports to clearly document and communicate findings.
- Familiar with engineering documentation control practices.
- Good basic knowledge of mechanical power transmission and motion control components.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.