Medical Device Manufacturing client has an immediate need in Round Lake IL for a Category Project Manager. This is a contract position expected to last 1 year, could be longer based on performance, possible temp to hire. Apply Now!
location: Round Lake, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The role is part of Global Category Management Organization and reports to the Global Director of Indirect Operations.
- Support Category Management activities globally for Sterilization Services
- Project management across several functions
- Collaborate closely with the Management of Manufacturing Operations at senior level to implement strategic and tactical objectives, define priorities and support implementation of category strategies.
- Develop internal and external benchmarks and metrics to support global strategies.
- Implement the category strategies and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Support supplier selection and contract negotiation process for key projects, within Sterilization Services category.
- Maintain appropriate Supplier Relationship Management programs for strategic and critical suppliers in the concerned categories of spend (Sterilization Services).
- Provide regular progress updates for the category to Senior Management and to key internal stakeholders.
- Stimulate and support innovation by leveraging the supplier base, regularly reviewing market developments and mobilizing the appropriate internal network.
- Bachelor/master's degree in finance, Engineering or Business
- Min 5 years of category management experience with multinational organizations.
- Previous experience with Sterilization Services is a benefit.
- Proven experience in people, stakeholder and project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Business acumen and ability to develop strategic thinking
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with virtual teams.
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Very organized and excellent planning skill
- Someone who is a systems thinker, process improvement oriented
- Demonstrated go-getter
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.