Senior Buyer needed. Great opportunity to join an established and profitable Medical Device company. Must have experience working with contract manufacturers and have a strong history of electronic component procurement. Please apply and call us today for immediate consideration. Thank you!
location: Bedford, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Strategically develop and manage company sources of supply to meet technical, quality, logistical, and financial goals and objectives.
- Perform research, quotation, and auditing activities per established procedures to secure sources of supply.
- Assume primary role in the contact of all business activities between company and its suppliers for the associated commodities.
- As needed, interact with Manufacturing Engineers, R&D Engineers, Quality Control, Finance, and Operations to correctly communicate all business requirements between company and its suppliers.
- Select and negotiate terms and conditions for contractually binding supply agreements / purchase orders between company and its suppliers.
- Apics and/or CPM certification is required.
- ERP and MRP experience required.
- Experience in purchasing technical & electronic components to be used in the manufacturing of Medical devices, including but not limited to the commodities listed above ... in the support of a GMP, ISO and FDA compliant manufacturing facility
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems (FourthShift experience is a plus) as well as MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and other common computer applications.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years procurement experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent analytic skills are required for this position. Ability to achieve a clear vision of any situation and plan accordingly. Ability to work in / with cross functional teams.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from internal and external customers / suppliers.
- Capable of reading, interpreting, and understanding technical / mechanical drawings, board schematics, specifications and material documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.