A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This position supports and may lead a commodity Strategic Sourcing team with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for enterprise/region/division/unit.
location: East Moline, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $23.00 - 36.57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Investigates availability of suppliers and materials in the marketplace; implements enterprise/division sourcing strategies and integrates suppliers in supporting the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP).
- Leads and/or participates on multi-functional teams responsible for make vs. buy decisions, resourcing activities, and developing and implementing sourcing strategies; supports The Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measures the performance of the supplier and defines corrective actions; obtains assistance from other functional representatives as appropriate; may negotiate with suppliers in order to resolve short-term performance problems.
- Bachelor's degree with relevant experience is preferred.
- SAP experience
- SM experience
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the supply base utilizing Achieving Excellence process/criteria and other appropriate supply management tools.
- Develops and executes inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals; resolves shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Leads continuous cost reduction/value improvement activity, focusing on Shareholder Value Added (SVA); develops and implements communication plans to key stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.