A Construction Manager is needed for a diversified energy company in the Reading, PA area. This position will support and manage all aspects of the project management life cycle for planning, bidding, awarding and oversight of capex/construction projects throughout Company's real estate portfolio.
location: Reading, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $33.00 - 48.59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Oversee the planning, design and engineering, construction and closeout of various types of capital and O&M projects.
- Projects entail an array of facility and infrastructure categories including offices, service centers, data centers, warehouses, emergency operating facilities, and transmission dispatch and regional dispatch facilities;
- Facilitate and manage capex project activities on behalf of operating companies and other business units;
- Develop project documentation and perform reviews for clarity and completeness - examples include programming and scoping documents, performance specifications, project plans, contracts, equipment and constructions bid packages, requisitions, bills of material or material requests for issue, task authorizations, and engineering work requests;
- Perform detailed facility assessment analysis and input into Company's facility database for future project planning;
- Develop detailed engineering job packages for modifications or additions to electrical, mechanical, HVAC, building envelope and site work;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or a closely related degree such as a minor in Construction Management; Advanced degree is a plus;
- Must have a minimum of 4 years' experience in project organization with a background in engineering, finance, construction or project controls;
- Strong project management skills are required with a demonstrated ability to develop, manage and control multiple tasks;
- Experience in architecture, mechanical, electrical, or structural design of commercial and industrial facilities is required. Must have experience reading, interpreting and understanding facilities architectural and engineering drawings. Detailed project controls experience is a plus;
- Experience with Project Management tools such as Primavera, MS Project, etc., with related Scheduling/Resource Planning expertise is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project) and AutoCAD is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical ability are required;
- Successful candidate must be a team player and possess a willingness to work in a team environment with an ability to work cross functionally;
- Positive attitude and proactive behavior;
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.