Manufacturing leader is seeking a hands-on Director of Engineering to manage the day-to-day operation of their local facilities. This position is responsible for all on-site engineering functions, providing the proper and timely execution of projects. Will lead, direct and oversee all aspects of engineering, project planning, and execution, while creating a team-oriented environment that encourages excellence. Individual must also have hands-on automation and manufacturing experience.
location: Suwanee, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Launches new equipment into production and sustaining reengineering of existing equipment quality, cost and delivery improvement
- Provides direct, hands-on assistance with automation and manufacturing projects
- Leads and directs the engineering team
- Manages and directs the timely execution of projects, from inception to completion
- Leads and advises teams, gathering and analyzing manufacturing process to identify key issues and bringing corrective action, to drive toward Company objectives.
- Technical problem solving, with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Identifying, investigating and implementing innovative technology solutions for process improvement.
- Development and management of design changes and/or upgrades improving process efficiencies.
- Provide training and direction in the development and implementation of production and process improvements through root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Innovative and creativity motivation of staff, creating a culture and passion of continuous improvement.
- Drives and supports continuous improvement initiatives, supporting strategic and operational initiatives.
- Participates in annual strategic budgeting and planning process, with department budgeting responsibility.
- Supports manufacturing and other departments as an internal customer.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering discipline.
- Hands-on experience with automation in a manufacturing setting (PLC Programming, etc.)
- Project and/or program management training.
- Skilled communicator; must be able to professionally and effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- 7+ years' engineering management experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to drive relentless root cause analyses.
- Results-oriented, articulate in managing multiple projects working with diverse groups or teams.
- Professional, dynamic and performance driven leader.
- Strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.