Fortune 500 company has an immediate need in Detroit MI for a Senior Nerc Compliance Engineer. This is a perm position that offers relocation. Bonus opportunity. Excellent Company Benefits. Apply Now!
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Applies strong knowledge and background of engineering and scientific principles and practices in a variety of assignments.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs critical projects or field engineering assignments that are large or complex.
- Leads or plays key role on process improvement teams.
- Initiates or performs engineering studies, proposing solutions or recommending alternatives.
- Develops presentations of engineering-related projects to stakeholders.
- Develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques and solutions.
- Conducts studies and analyses to assist in the resolution of engineering-related issues; may assist with developing engineering standards and practices.
- Mentors and provides guidance/direction for less experienced engineers.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 6 years of job relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Power System Protection & Control.
- Experience with Distribution, Transmission, & Generator Relays.
- Experience with Relay schemes & equipment.
- Experience with NERC Operations and Planning (693) Standards, primarily, Protection & Control (PRC) standards.
- Comfortable ensuring timely completion of all compliance deliverables as required by the NERC Reliability standards.
- Ability to perform in-depth reviews of business unit processes, procedures, and related controls to determine the effectiveness of reliability standards adherence and compliance practices.
- Ability to prepare, coordinate, and support compliance audits conducted by internal and/or external resources.
- Familiarity with NERC reliability standards, NERC topics, current industry trends, and alerts to ensure compliance.
- Ability to carry out complex projects and assignments independently.
- Team Player
- Good Communication
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.