National Manufacturer is seeking a permanent Mechanical Technician. There are multiple positions available on both second shift and third shift. This opportunity is located near Elk Grove, IL.
This position comes with an hourly rate commensurate with experience ranging from $20 to $21 an hour, plus overtime, and other benefits! All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $41,000 - 43,000 per year
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: No Degree Required
- Assist Press Operators to maintain the work flow and work quality on assigned press runs.
- Bring materials for press set-ups to press sites.
- Clean presses on job changes.
- Perform complex operations required to set up, operate and feed cylinder type printing press to produce a variety of items.
- Operate Printing Press according to company printing procedures and guidelines.
- Direct Press Helper according to company printing procedures.
- Set-up jobs with assistance in the press and monitor the quality of the print as the press is running.
- Responsible for quality and safety of set-up and safe operational procedures.
- Communicate pertinent matters of the job with the press operator from the opposite shift at the beginning and end of the shift.
- Check first piece conformance to specifications.
- Perform daily and periodic preventative maintenance duties specified for assigned machines/equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of machines/equipment and adjacent work area.
- Utilize satellite containers for Hazardous Waste.
- "Hazard Waste Generator" - generates hazardous waste as part of prod Follow equipment and workplace cleaning/sanitation procedures, to complete Sanitation Checklist
- Follow GMP's and PRP's and Production SOP's
- Conduct and document all quality checks for intermediate product
- Follow CCP monitoring procedure
- Report all food safety violations to management.
- Follow all safety rules
- High School or equivalent
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Must be able to lift up to 60lbs
- Personal protective equipment is required
- Good communication skills
- Mechanical, Machine operator, maintenance, Press, Lamination,
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.