Privately held global manufacturing company that continues to see double digit growth is currently in search for a Plant Manager to join their growing location. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of progressive career advancement, a Bachelors degree and prior plant management experience within a highly automated fast paced electronics plant.
location: La Jolla, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $190,000 - 230,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide leadership to create a performance-driven organization and foster continuous improvement of all operational metrics
- Be a dynamic and strategic thinker, and have a proven track record of operational excellence, including utilization of manufacturing techniques and tools to improve quality and reduce costs
- Have good working knowledge of proven, world-class electronics manufacturing practices
- Be an experienced recruiter and mentor of employees
- Have prior experience in the design and development of new products
- Foster creativity and innovation
- Possess and understand the importance of strong communication skills
- Assure compliance to company procedures, policies, and the ISO 9001 standard
- Develop, maintain, and continually improve the quality management system with a "risk management" approach
- B.S. in a technical discipline and a graduate degree in business or a technical discipline
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in operations and/or management
- Previous Profit & Loss responsibility
- Prior plant management experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, and technical skills, particularly with respect to a manufacturing environment
- Fluency in the English language
- Some prior experience and appreciation of multi-cultural working environments
- Prior experience with electronics
- History of increasing responsibilities with proven track record of achieving excellent results
- Experience with manufacturing in Mexico
- Fluency in, or at least some working knowledge of, the Spanish language
- plant manager, general manager, plant general manager, director of operations, electronics, electronic manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.