A Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Big Flats, NY area. Encompasses various scientific principles involved in supplying a development or manufacturing facility with the necessary tools or provisions for the production of materials to meet quality standards and production quantity goals.
location: Big Flats, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $17.40 - 29.02 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Provides semi-professional technical support for an equipment engineer or machine development group at the plant or division staff level.
- Provides preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment and daily production support to the Vulcan manufacturing and development operations.
- Works within engineering teams to support development of new equipment, manufacturing processes, and product types, along with continuous improvements of existing equipment.
- AAS degree with more than 3 years of experience is desired.
- Sound technical knowledge of equipment and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job.
- Intermediate level technical understanding.
- Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow.
- Must have mechanical aptitude - will need to speak to this when interviewed
- Must be able to speak to times when they have been able to troubleshoot issues
- Must have a background in Machine repair work.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.