Environmental Health & Safety specialist needed for immediate consideration in the San Bernardino, CA area for a 6 month contract with high possibility of direct conversion! Come join an amazon organization for this key role. The right person have a strong understanding of EHS, OSHA and accident investigation and must be willing to work towards obtaining their Waste Water Operator Grade II Certification. BS degree with 1 year experience preferred but will certainly entertain 2 years of related experience within a manufacturing safety or environmental related field. Apply now for immediate consideration
location: Victorville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conduct review of waste water laboratory results to ensure permit compliance
- Monitor waste water warning alarms as well as waste water pH levels
- Maintain EHS files and records
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly testing, inspections, and reporting for various EHS tasks
- Facilitate 5S program, meetings, and training
- BS degree with 1 year experience preferred but will certainly entertain 2 years of related experience within a manufacturing safety or environmental related field.
- Strong understanding of EHS, OSHA, and accident investigation highly preferred
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional attitude with willingness to learn and grow
- Must be flexible with schedule
- EHS, OSHA, accident investigation, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, documentation, records, metrics, 5s, root cause, training, inspections, compliance, waste water, laboratory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.