A Transmission Project Manager Senior is needed for a world class utility company in the Columbus, OH area. This role directly supports projects that are highly competitive (FERC 1000) transmission development projects involving complicated permitting and regulatory work, intricate contract management and administration, and diligent coordination efforts with stakeholders. Must have experience supporting proposal preparation and editing, risk analysis, mitigation, documentation, scope writing, financial forecasting and cash-flow management.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 62.61 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise assigned project work activities with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects with minimal management oversight.
- Support and hold employees and contractors accountable for the Company System Safety Process, ensuring a safe working environment focused on "Commitment to Zero Harm".
- Supervise, develop, review and coordinate the project plan, schedule, budget, with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects. Effectively manage cost and timely reallocate funding.
- Effectively communicate project details and status updates. Lead planning meetings and project updates including detailed and complex stakeholder presentations. Provide clear and concise written reports.
- Develop and actively manage working relationships with the project team, internal and external customers or partners, contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Foster teamwork and actively monitor customer satisfaction.
- Provide wide range of detailed guidance, instruction, and training to improve design, systems, procedures, processes, schedules, and costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field of study with five (5) years qualified experience or, two-year Associate's degree in the same required disciplines with seven (7) years of qualified experience
- Experience must exhibit increasing project management and business/financial administration activities and responsibilities. Trained in areas of construction safety, negotiations, scope development and control, cost estimating, construction contracting, project controls and reporting, quality control, risk management. IT PM experience is not a good fit for this position. May consider Telecom PM experience if heavy in construction.
skills: PPE required:
- Steel Toed Boots
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Fluorescent safety vest
- FR Shirt
- Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.