Seeking a HVAC Test Technician for a high growth client in Rochester, NH. The HVAC Test Technician would be responsible for testing a variety of residential and commercial gas heating products while working closely with engineering, applying problem-solving and independent-thinking skills, and learning to use the latest equipment and techniques. Apply now!
location: Rochester, New Hampshire
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 45,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Work safely as a team member in a Lab environment.
- Set up and tear down basic electrical, mechanical, and fluid systems in the Lab (install/remove boilers).
- Test boilers in accordance with international standards and/or instructions provided by Project Engineers.
- Accurately and thoroughly communicate results and issues to Project Engineers.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of testing - processes and results.
- Troubleshoot test issues - electrical, mechanical, fluid, programming.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, Technical School certificate or degree, or military training preferred.
- Machinery aptitude - understand at least in general terms how electrical, mechanical, and fluid systems work.
- Work ethic - positive attitude, attention to detail, able and eager to learn new skills, able to apply concepts and skills to ongoing and new projects, able to work alone on projects with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on - able to safely and properly operate basic hand and power tools and electrical instruments. Familiarity with data acquisition (DAQ) a plus.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook) - able to create/edit/save documents, able to create graphs/charts and apply basic statistical concepts to data.
- Basic math skills - high school senior to junior college level.
- Ability to meet physical requirements, such as standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Two plus years of experience in any of the following:
- Gas heating products or appliances
- Gas plumbing
- Electrical wiring (low voltage to 600V)
- HVAC-R products (residential and/or commercial)
- Automotive technology
- Manufacturing environment - complex products
- Laboratory, Testing, HVAC, Manufacturing, Gas Appliances
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.