A Engineering Designer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the Alexandria, VA area. This position develops designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment. Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
location: Alexandria, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $24.00 - 29.64 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development.
- Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2+ years related experience.
- Requires 4 year Engineering Degree; Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Applies the basic fundamental, concepts, practices, and procedures to acquire the knowledge and experience to become proficient in the job.
- Complex choice of action which requires considerable logic, knowledge, and understanding in order to find out the cause, analyze the problem and determine which course of action to take.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.