A reputable heavy industrial manufacturer is seeking a Mechanic to replace a retiring employee. This Mechanic will be responsible for the troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of heavy industrial electrical and mechanical machinery within the plant. This Mechanic will also be responsible for equipment fabrication. The ideal Mechanic will have 5+ years of experience in heavy equipment manufacturing (preferably pulp/paper, refinery or rotating equipment). Technical certifications (electrical, mechanical, welding etc.) are nice to have but not required. This Mechanic must be able to work the occasional Saturday as needed and must be comfortable working in a union environment.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: No Degree Required
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on heavy industrial machinery (examples include AB drives, AB motors, pumps, precision equipment, turbomachinery and an onsite boiler).
- Equipment welding and fabrication.
- Assisting with occasional planned shutdowns and outages.
- 5+ years of electromechanical experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with welding and fabrication.
- Ability to work the occasional Saturday.
- Willingness and ability to work in a union environment.
- Team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.