Very stable municipal electric utility in San Antonia TX is seeking several experienced Energy Systems Distribution System Designers familiar with utility scale power distribution system and / or gas distribution design experience for a 6 month contract position. Position requires AutoCAD, MicroStation or similar CAD package experience along with SAP or similar ERP packages.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Will work in both the field and office environment to help design overhead power line extensions, underground electric line extensions and gas main extensions for new residential and commercial customers
- Conduct field surveying (work with GIS maps and field notes) for the design and installation for each job, including staking pole locations and locating buried utilities
- Develop job sketches and perform as-builts as needed
- AS or BS Engineering or technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in overhead and underground power distribution and gas system design a huge plus, but not required
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.