Senior Electronics Systems Engineer located just North of Nashville, TN for a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. Position is responsible to responsible for product requirements in order to scope new projects, translate customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements, and provide technical guidance regarding new technologies. Candidates will have Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field. This is is a long-term contract opportunity. APPLY NOW!
location: Pleasant View, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 46 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for product requirements in order to scope new projects, translate customer needs into product specifications and technical requirements.
- Provide technical guidance regarding new technologies, feature implementations, risks, cost assessments, etc.
- Creates technical specifications from customer needs and product requirements as developed by Product Line, Marketing, Design, Usability, etc.
- Scopes new projects, including requirement collection, requirement analysis, system architecture direction, resources, general timing, and technical risk.
- Provides technical guidance relative to features and new technologies as part of early project assessment and design selection.
- Works closely with electronics design engineers to support interpretation of technical specifications and for collaborative feedback so to ensure the needs of all customers are met.
- Works with electromechanical and mechanical engineers to define required interfaces with controls.
- Considers the mechanical integration of the controls into the product and works with process partners to ensure environmental design needs and manufacturing practices are satisfactory.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Service, and outside suppliers for collection of requirements and to provide direct support on technical designs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in product design, embedded control development, or related engineering career field.
- Understanding of overall engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Ability to interpret schematics and basic understanding of software design and architecture
- Appliance product design related experience is preferred
- Experience with advanced UI and GUI development is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of testing Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) preferred
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
- Growth opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.