Our client in Dallas, TX is looking for a Production Engineer to join a growing Texas Corporation in the commercial glass and glazing industry for a contract to hire career opportunity.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $17.50 - 20.62 per hour
work hours: 6am to 4pm
education: High School
- Manage project input, metal group database and programming for RhinoFab equipment.
- Provide vital support to the Production Engineering Manager and Operations Manager with shop drawing review, take-off and programming.
- Work with Project Management, Engineering, and Operations to ensure timely flow of information for the production and delivery of material to the field.
- Assist the Engineering and Production Departments along with the Project Management teams with the development of fabrication take-offs.
- Ensure that all fabrication programs are loaded and checked into the RhinoFab equipment.
- Ensure metal groups are built properly and systems are loaded prior to beginning job input.
- Responsible for building and maintaining metal groups in PartnerPak or Glazier Studio in accordance with company standards.
- Prepare and loads custom fabrication programming as required per project.
- Assist with optimization and batching of projects.
- Participate in pre-fabrication meetings for all major projects at least 2 weeks prior to fabrication starting to review stocklength material delivery schedule, shop drawing/fab drawing status and filed delivery schedule.
- Seek input from Field Operations and Project Management to understand how material is to be fabricated and shipped to job site along with what value add processes are to be performed in the shop.
- Work with 3rd party fabrication and engineering subcontractors.
- Provide technical support to saw operators to ensure IT or programming issues are resolved in a timely matter.
- Work with other Production Engineers to make sure work is being done accurately and efficiently.
- Oversee preventative maintenance of the RhinoFab equipment.
- Perform testing of fabrication programs prior to fabrication.
- Assist with inventory management and procurement of materials.
- Advanced knowledge of the Glass and Glazing business with a focus on Architectural Aluminum products (i.e. Storefronts, Curtainwalls, Doors and Hardware)
- 3-5 years industry experience preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and CNC programming
- Experience using PartnerPak, Glaziers Studio and or Logikal or similar software
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Procore, Blue Beam PDF Annotation, Smartsheet's and cloud-based storage platforms (Box)
- High school degree or greater
- Effective communication skills- oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Numerical attention to detail
- Independent self-starter
- Innovative- seeks to improve processes and utilize tools and technology made available by the company
- Time management skills- ability to operate with a sense of urgency
- Able to work well in a team environment and understands how to build and maintain relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.