Manufacturing Engineer located in Anderson, SC for a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. Position is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods. Candidates will have B.S. degree in Engineering with five (5) plus years of Maintenance / Equipment improvement experience within a manufacturing environment. This is a long-term contract opportunity. APPLY NOW!
location: Anderson, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Provide support on new product launches, platform projects and new materials technology developments
- Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, cycle times, methods and controls.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Oversees automated equipment installation, maintenance and upkeep.
- Support manufacturing on equipment and suppliers selection, troubleshooting and develop an understanding of new / state of the art technologies.
- Work directly with manufacturing in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Implement and promote principles (5S, Poka Yoke, DMAIC SMED, etc) to continuously improve upon our own record
- BS degree in Engineering required (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is ideal)
- Must have 5+ years' maintenance/equipment improvement manufacturing experience
- Hydraulic systems experience.
- Sheet metal forming / tig welding experience
- Thorough knowledge of materials testing procedures including Design of Experiments methodology (DOE), specifications and engineering procedures
- Computer literate including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint & Project
- Exposure to TPM AND Six Sigma
- Lean manufacturing experience is required (i.e. 5S, Poka Yoke, DMAIC SMED, etc.).
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.