Material Planner opportunity with a automotive manufacturing client located South of the Birmingham, AL area. This position will be responsible for assuring an uninterrupted flow of production material is available to support the vehicle production process.
location: Vance, Alabama
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Order all (series) production material, sample parts, prototype trial parts and repair parts with international supply chain material.
- Track and communicate all expedites to cross-functional teams until fully received.
- Analyze all incoming international shipments and communicate root cause for delay.
- Monitor production parts on a continuous basis to prevent the occurrence of a shortage, and report to management in case of deficiencies.
- Direct and assist suppliers to assure material is shipped in accordance with the material release and that correct communication of shipment is attained.
- Review internal database for daily plant impact; provide, request and analyze root-cause.
- Monitor and correct all advanced shipping notice transmissions
- Analyze engineering change documents and provide implementation date through coordination with external partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Suppl Chain / Operations Management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Approximately 3 or more years experience in Engineering Change Control or Supply Chain Management
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of SAP or comparative software
- Proven understanding of Logistics process flow
- Working knowledge of Material Control, Operational Management, Production Inventory Control and/or Purchasing is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.