Leading tier one automotive manufacturer is looking for a promotable Production Manager in the Birmingham, Alabama area.
This role comes with a very attractive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $110k-$120k plus bonus and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree along with a very solid production management background in a tier one automotive manufacturing environment with a focus on safety, quality and people development.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Birmingham, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Direct and coordinate production and warehouse, processing and distribution
- Coordinates production and warehouse activities within the facility to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures and duty assignments
- Review production and warehouse processing issues with the Operations Manager as needed
- Works with HR to hire, train, evaluate and discharge staff and resolve plant personnel conflict
- Control and minimize labor overtime costs within department
- Prepare and maintain production and warehouse reports for proper action and recording
- Work with operations manager in setting and monitoring product and warehouse standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality
- Confer with team leaders to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and production sequences to meet production and warehouse goals
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience managing a production department in a tier one automotive manufacturing environment is required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office especially with Excel
- Strong track record of developing people, safety and quality
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to schedule necessary changes with production, logistics and materials
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.