As a result of our growth, we are seeking a high-frequency electromagnetics engineer fluent with Ansys HFSS simulation software. As part of our team, you will conduct analyses for our client projects. In addition, through your thought leadership, you will provide technical support to sales and marketing, mentor junior engineers in HF electromagnetics, participate in sales activities including client interface and assist in the preparation of statements of work and budget estimates.
This position includes the management of an analysis group which will include mechanical engineers conducting project work utilizing FEA and CFD.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform numerical simulations in the high frequency electromagnetics space for consulting projects
- Provide support to sales and marketing for thought leadership, support of presentations and white papers,
- Generate (portions of) technical proposals statements of work, labor estimates, and timelines for consulting projects
- Provide technical mentorship of junior engineers in the E/M and E/M simulation areas
- Manage and grow the electrical engineering department, and with Mechanical Engineering Manager, co-manage and grow an analysis group including E/M, CFD, and FEA
- Interface with clients to determine project needs and provide subject matter expertise
- B.S.E.E in electrical engineering, M.S.E.E preferred
- Strong theoretical background in electromagnetic systems and minimum of 5 years in design of high frequency electromagnetic systems and devices
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Ansys HFSS
- Demonstrated management experience leading small groups
- Demonstrated experience providing technical approaches, problem solving, development of time and budget estimates
- Preference given to local candidates
- Must be able to work on US government contracts
- Fluency in high frequency electromagnetics including antennas, RF, signal integrity, microwaves, etc.
- Fluent in high frequency electromagnetics simulation (Ansys HFSS)
- Excellent verbal and written communications, excellent presentation skills
- Ability to develop statements of work with budgets and timelines
- Demonstrated skills in personnel management
- Fluency or familiarity with low frequency E/M (Solenoids, motors, etc.) is a strong plus
- Working knowledge of EMC/EMI Compliance
- PCB RF analysis skills
- Skill in test plan development
- Demonstrated debug skills and familiarity with tools including spectrum analyzers
- Skilled in design of areas including wireless communications and antenna design is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.