- Work on a single project with the oversight of a Senior Engineer / Account Manager; guide lower level engineers in day to day tasks.
- Perform as a technical lead for assigned project.
- Educate / mentor level 1 engineers to develop future talent.
- Application of the NEC, NFPA 79, UL and OSHA standards related to project subject matter.
- Strict adherence to both client and department established procedures and work flows.
- Work with Group Leader / Account Manager to maintain team members, roles and responsibilities, and goals at the onset of projects.
- Act as the point of contact between the Senior Engineer and internal resources executing the customers work.
- Effectively communicate project requirements, status, and changes to the engineering team.
- Maintain record of project progress compared to plan. Effectively communicate issues with Senior Engineer.
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- 5 years of related experience in Instrumentation and Electrical Controls.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or related (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- 5 years of systems integration experience, preferably in high-level controls engineering role is required.
- Proficient in at least 3 of the widely-used control system platforms, including current and legacy Rockwell systems, Siemens and Schneider are a plus.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% throughout the year.
- Proficient with vision integration i.e. Cognex, Keyence
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Rational decision making and problem-solving ability.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to develop contractor installation drawing packages using P&IDs, instrument, IO, and load lists as a basis of design.
- Perform electrical load calculations, specify required control devices and circuit protection, develop equipment specification for the procurement of instrumentation and control system using best engineering practices.
- SQL experience, Factory Talk, PanelView HMI, TP HMI, Rockwell PLCs, and Siemens PLCs competencies are preferred.
skills: A passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our leaders are data driven, self-motivated, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. If you have passion for your work, a history of engaging others, experience as a high performing accountant, and the ability to move things forward we want to learn more about you.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.