CAD System Administrator / Senior Designer to support the optimization, maintenance, and integration of our CAD software to assist in the design of our products. This includes but is not limited to the Autodesk Suite of products (AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant 3D, Revit, Vault, Navisworks, etc.) and any internally generated templates and specifications used to interface with these software packages. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience with CAD software, be able to work as a technical liaison between our Design and IT group.
location: Louisville, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $72,800 - 93,600 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Support Designers and Engineers by troubleshooting and resolving technical issues related to the Autodesk suite of products
- Collaborate with the Design, Engineering, and IT groups to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Modify existing tools or implement new tools to address software errors, improve integration into associated software, and streamline the user experience
- Update, test and implement new releases of CAD software
- Develop training documentation (work instructions) for implementing and utilizing CAD software
- Prepare major component sub-assembly, sections and detail drawings, calculations, bill of materials and 3D models for Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSG) and associated equipment based on company and industry standards, customer specifications, and datasheets.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Design team members on project specific model and drawing assignments
- High school diploma supplemented by college level design courses or associated degree in a related field. Demonstrated knowledge and technical competency may be substituted for the educational requirements
- Minimum of five (5) years full time CAD design experience
- Proven experience as a CAD system administrator or advanced knowledge of CAD software is required (Autodesk Preferred, but equivalent experience with similar software packages is acceptable).
- Experience developing and maintaining applications written in iLogic is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of engineering drawing, geometric dimensioning, and mechanical design
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and computer skills required
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills using both technical and non-technical terminology
- Experience administering a Product Data Management (PDM) platform (Autodesk Vault preferred, but equivalent experience with similar software is acceptable)
- Ability to set priorities and manage own workload, manage multiple tasks simultaneously
skills: Full Benefits
Paid time off
Bonus, based on company performance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.