The role of the Senior Mechanical Engineer is to lead the development and maintenance of mechanical projects and research and develop practical solutions that meet our customer's needs.
location: Waterford, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $82,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serve as project leader and integral part of specific development or current product maintenance, update projects following product realization process and utilize concurrent engineering principles. Knowledge of Agile and Stage Gate processes ideal.
- Consult with internal and external customers, sales and marketing and manufacturing to formulate product requirements and specifications applying knowledge of customers, products and services to anticipate customer problems and needs.
- Research and develop practical solutions and products for our customers.
- Prepare or review documentation with a high degree of completeness and effectiveness using engineering tools, ERP systems, and Microsoft office products.
- Address increasingly complex technical problems and draw upon experience, analytical skills and creative thinking to develop solutions.
- Work with testing and technical writing teams to aid in the creation of test and user documentation.
- Support the manufacturing dept as a new product moves to the production stages.
- Specify, oversee and perform research and development tests with engineering test department personnel.
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of company product development processes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
Requirements include a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering for mechanical design related curriculum and a minimum of ten years practical mechanical design experience
- Proven track record of product development .
- Experience with wide range of materials including plastic, silicone, and stainless steel and processes including machining, metal fabrication, injection molding, vacuum forming, rapid prototyping and deep drawn forming preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with regulatory or quality compliance standards/processes including GLP, FDA 21 CFR part 11, RoHS II, NEMA/IP Ratings, CE, UL/CSA and ISO desired.
- Proficient in Solidworks including technical expertise in 3D modeling and solid modeling. Certification in Solidworks desired.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, ERP systems and related PC programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated results of creativity and positive results on past projects a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.