Growing and very reputable manufacturer is looking to hire a Transportation Safety Specialist for the Sarasota, FL area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $65k to $75k plus bonus.
Relocation assistance is available.
The ideal candidate will possess experience handling DOT, OSHA and FMSCA transportation and workplace safety.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Experience handling DOT, OSHA, and FMSCA compliance and workplace safety
- Oversee and implement the elements of an Incident Management process including coordination of reporting, investigation, documentation and management of incidents for all transportation related services and areas
- Develop materials and conduct training for drivers in the implementation of the
- Transportation Safety Management System
- Mentor the competency of leaders and team members in safety management practices, protocols and procedures
- Conduct audits and inspections of private fleet and vendor practices to monitor compliance
- Maintain accurate compliance records for all transportation related services including but not limited to driver qualification, controlled substance testing, hours of service, CSA
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- Minimal travel is required ranging from 10-25%
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Other tasks and functions as assigned by the EHS Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.