Construction firm is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a long term contract in Pueblo, CO. Per diem is available for this role. Qualified candidates will have a BS in engineering and 5 years of related electrical experience in construction. The electrical engineer will be responsible for planning and conducting electrical work and providing technical support on projects.
location: Pueblo, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 6am to 4pm
- Provide input to cost and schedule estimates
- Develop project reports, presentation of cognizant information and other related project support identified by project leadership
- Provide technical support for procurement specifications; quality control; non-conformance, re-specification or design; and test applications
- Prepare all project documentation, issue contracts, follow fabrication of equipment, install equipment into facilities
- Ensure completion of all projects on time by complying with project schedules based on project priorities and target dates.
- Use Remote I/O systems, Industrial Communication Systems and Protocols to support the project
- Balance cost vs benefit to find the lowest practical installed cost for mechanical and fluid systems
- Calculate HVAC loading / sizing based on ambient conditions and heat loss
- Utilize UPS systems as deployed in a heavy industrial environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 5+ years of electrical engineering experience preferably in heavy industrial construction and/or plant construction
- Expert level knowledge in equipment layout, optimization, value engineering and detailed alignment of Steel / Aluminum Rolling Mill Equipment
- Experience with Greenfield startup, including Engineering Reviews, Field Changes, Field Routing Changes, etc.
- Deep understanding of calculating Connected Electrical Load vs Expected Electrical Demand as it relates to the sizing of Transformers
- Deep understanding of Modern Remote I/O systems, Industrial Communication Systems and Protocols. Understanding of how to develop and specify the Control System Schema
- Experience with UPS systems as deployed in a Heavy Industrial Environment
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Highly detail oriented.
- Team player
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.