Manufacturing company who specializes in components for complex machines is experiencing incredible growth and looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to their team in Newark, CA. The ideal candidate will have at least on year experience in machining, a B.S. in Engineering, and is proficient in SolidWorks.
location: Newark, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Produce detailed and carefully planned manufacturing work instructions.
- Design fixtures and tooling to help reduce cost of machine setup and reduce scrap parts.
- Define work space layouts, support the procurement and implementation of equipment, and conduct equipment/process capability studies.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to define, develop, design, implement, and document a manufacturing strategy for new and existing products.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing production processes.
- Participate in material review board meetings and coordinate solutions for identified discrepancies.
- Work with suppliers to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Review manufacturing yield, set-up, and cycle times to reduce scrap, reduce rework, identify waste in the value stream, and improve equipment and resource utilization and efficiency.
- Identify trends and recommend best practices to improve process capability.
- Maintain a watchful and alert attitude toward projects, including introducing manufacturing engineering standards into project team meetings, developing reporting ideas and metrics to gauge the project's success, and in general being eager and energetic towards establishing and maintaining the process design.
- B.S. degree in manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, or similar engineering.
- One year of brazing, machining, heat treating, plating, welding, mechanical and/or non-destructive testing experience; machining preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Knowledge of Epicor ERP 10 or similar ERP/MES software preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently with a cross functional team.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.