Automotive Manufacturer is seeking an individual to assist with Project Support near Georgetown, KY. Individual will help plan for plant internal logistics layouts and equipment requirements, make logistics process layout and conveyance routes for material receiving and delivery zones, and support development of logistics process and standardized work documents for internal logistics/conveyance.
location: Georgetown, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Plan for plant internal logistics layouts and equipment requirements
- Make logistics process layout and conveyance routes for material receiving and delivery zones
- Investigate material packaging dimensions vs layout, quantity required vs. space available
- Support development of logistics process and standardized work documents for internal logistics/conveyance
- Perform virtual route simulations to model layout and conveyance route traffic as part of decision making phase in early model planning
- Experience in manufacturing internal logistics and material flow planning (1-5yrs).
- Expert in AutoCAD 2021 and Inventor
- Strong skills with Microsoft suite (Excel, Access, etc.)
- Proficient in using traffic simulation and modeling software is helpful.
- Degree in industrial engineering or equivalent job experience
- Strong desire to work in a manufacturing hands on environment to gather data, perform process analysis and document and standardize process study.
- Ability to solve complex problems and investigate related information to develop and evaluate options and develop countermeasures.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.