The Electrical Engineer designs controls and automation systems including electrical design of motor control panels, PLC panels and instrument panels for compressors and steam turbines in a variety of applications like wastewater treatment, incineration, chemicals, petro-chemicals, micro LNG and wet flue gas desulfurization.
location: Springfield, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Providing Engineering support to Sales, Customers, Consulting Engineers, Project Management, Materials, Operations, and Field Service throughout the phases of projects assigned. Developing design solutions, within the company's and the customer's specifications, that meet or exceed their expectations. Providing final engineering solutions on designs, customer comments, and field issues that meet the customer's expectations. Controlling costs without sacrificing quality.
The Electrical Engineer is accountable for:
- Writing PLC and HMI programs using Allen Bradley, Siemens, Modicon and GE PLCs and touch screens.
- Configuring automation networks including Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, Modbus.
- Conducting factory testing and configuration of controls and automation systems.
- Applying knowledge of NEC, UL, CSA and CE standards to panel designs.
- Determining proper analytical system integration solution for the application, evaluate/select equipment, directs project CAD designer in creation of required drawings and Bills of Material all as defined by the product quotation, budget, customer specifications, customer data sheets.
- Directing field engineers (or executes themselves) regarding site acceptance testing, start-up and commissioning activities.
- Accountable for the financial performance, delivery performance, and customer satisfaction for all projects assigned.
- Troubleshooting equipment operation issues which may be related to controls design or programming. Suggests and implements solutions.
- Up to 30% travel time away from office including weekends. Most travel domestic although international travel may be required.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent through minimum 5 years experience and specific training
- Knowledgeable with Autodesk CAD Electrical and Vault software.
- Interpret electrical drawings and schematics
- 5 years' experience in designing controls and automation systems.
- Experience evaluating how components work together in a highly engineered electrical system.
- Experience composing professional documents such as reports and procedures.
- Excellent team member; ability to work in and contribute to a team.
- Computer literate, with either the knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly learn, business systems, Microsoft Office, Microsoft AX.
- Logical problem solving skills, good organizational skills, and dedication to quality and integrity.
- Motivated, self starter, with the ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- The positive attitude, ethics, and values necessary to support the company's mission and a high performance culture.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. This includes the ability to access, plan and communicate workloads. Must be able to forecast overloads in conjunction with management so efforts are complementary.
- High moral and ethical standards, demonstrating respect for the individual and team, and setting an example for compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate requirements.
- Able to work in a matrix organization where influence, indirect leadership and compelling ideas are used to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Willingness to travel when required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.