Top Engineering Firm involved in power generation and electric transmission & distribution (T&D) engineering & construction projects is looking for a Drafter to join their team. There is a lot of growth and upward mobility with this position. You need 0-5 years of drafting experience in any discipline, but ideally either electrical or structural.
location: Englewood, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Provide electrical, civil and/or structural drafting support for high voltage, electrical substation projects and electric T&D projects
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & structures related to substation designs
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- 0-5 years of experience as a Drafter
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD 2014 drafting software
- Any experience with MicroStation V8i is considerd a big PLUS
- Specific drafting experience supporting electrical substation or T&D design projects is a PLUS
- Our client prefers candidates that have an AS Degree in drafting technology or related field OR went to a technical high school where you learned AutoCAD
- Ideal candidate has an AS degree in Drafting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.