Our client, a well known Utility company, is searching for a Data Scientist! Under the direction of the Manager of Planning & Analysis (P&A), the Water Utility DataScientist leads data exploration and analysis efforts for stakeholders across the WaterUtilities group.
This is a newly created opening, if you are well established, creative and solid in Algorithm, Data Modeling and Machine programming, please apply!
location: SAN DIMAS, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Works closely with the Manager of P&A to plan and implement the overall Company analytics and business intelligence strategy.
- Works with mainstream business intelligence applications and data modeling.
- Works with relational database management objects, database design principles/data administration standards, data quality principles, and information security terminology.
- Utilizes large-scale data compiling, data mining, and analytical techniques, building and implementing models using algorithms and creating simulations to discover patterns in financial and operational data.
- Develops, designs, and refines key business metrics and drive robust analysis to identify performance strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, while evaluating possible alternatives and recommending appropriate actions and business metrics to the Water Utilities Group.
- Leads the design and development of analytical tools and techniques to understand key business behaviors that drive and optimize operations.
- Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage and organize the data.
- Identifies gaps, improves, and streamlines processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve measurement and reporting accuracy, viability and value.
- Continuously drives toward reporting improvement and efficiency by simplifying and automating where possible, eliminating redundancy across the organization, refining metrics, and building new reports (developing framework and identifying data sources) as needed to support decision-making.
- Understands and facilitates the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology to identify, configure, and communicate useful information.
- Provides training and act as Subject Matter Expert for the Water Utilities Group in the areas of data management, performance management and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Analysis
- Data Scientist
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.