Great and growing client is seeking a Senior Technical Software Engineer with strong electronic product or instrumentation experience to design and develop prototype systems to evaluate the feasibility of advanced concepts related to company's core business. Assist test, quality and manufacturing group with the design and evaluation of manufacturing and test fixture
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Function as a lead technical software resource for organization's electronic instrument products. Design, prototype and develop control software, algorithms and user interfaces used within instrument products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Design, prototype and develop automated test software, manage nightly build system, and create test strategies within instrument products and manufacturing fixtures.
- Investigate new technologies that could be used in organization's future products.
- Investigate instrument failures in order to understand failure mechanism and institute design changes to improve product reliability.
- Provide continuous engineering support on assigned products to maintain and improve cost, margin, performance and quality.
- Education B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Master's in Engineering preferred
- A minimum 7 years of software design experience. Medical device experience preferred.
- Proficient in C. Experience in scripting languages such as python preferred.
- Proficient in bare metal (No OS), FreeRTOS and Embedded Linux.
- Proficient in designing embedded systems software on 32-bit ARM Application Processors and microcontrollers.
- Proficient in doing white-box, black-box testing including unit, integration and system testing.
- Proficient in using lab equipment and debugging tools such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer and multimeters.
- Experience in using automated test suite for embedded applications preferred.
- Thorough understanding of IEC 62304, FDA and MDR design control requirements for electronic and software controlled devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Quality and Health & Safety (QHSE) Responsibilities
- Knows and adheres to the quality policy of the company and the quality-related procedures and instructions
- Reports any deviation in product or process, of which he/she becomes aware, to his/her manager or the Quality department
- Completes all necessary training in the area of Quality and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Immediately reports any dissatisfaction or complaint which is brought to their attention from a customer or patient regarding a product (e.g. in terms of quality, durability, reliability, safety or performance) to the complaints department
- Complies with all health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and job hazard analyses applicable to specified job activities; including medical evaluations as required by job function
- Completes all required HSE training
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Embedded Coding
- C development (8 years of experience is required)
- Python (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Bare Metal (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Embedded Linux (3 years of experience is preferred)
- 32-bit ARM (3 years of experience is preferred)
- electronic products (3 years of experience is preferred)
- scripting (3 years of experience is preferred)
- lab equipment (3 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.