Manufacturing company seeking a Test Technician for an exciting opportunity! Qualified candidates will have about a year or less of experience with digital and elctronic testing. As a test tech you should have some experience and interest in working with controlled test stations, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, logic analyzers, chart recorders, and thermal chambers. If you enjoy this type of work this is the job for you!
location: El Segundo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 25 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: No Degree Required
- Works from test and planning documents, circuit and product diagrams, equipment manuals, and verbal and written instructions.
- Lays out and determines standard methods and sequences to test and troubleshoot complex digital electronic subassemblies, slices and units by performing operations such as inspections, wirechecks, component verifications, and functional testing under various environmental conditions.
- Sets up the test configuration by making all cable connections between the item-under-test and the station. Secures connectors to the proper torque where required.
- Reviews test data for failures and fills out paperwork to report failures.
- Operates commercial and custom test equipment including computer controlled test stations, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, logic analyzers, chart recorders, and thermal chambers.
- Uses, interprets and critiques circuit and product drawings, and test documents such as specifications and procedures.
- Uses application software on test stations that run under various operating systems, and able to execute batch files.
- Troubleshoots flight hardware under the guidance of an engineer. Fills out paperwork to rework the hardware.
- Troubleshoots and repairs test stations under the guidance of an engineer.
- Sets up test stations for usage by following instructions and diagrams in equipment documents. May involve finding missing equipment and cables.
- Reviews and prepares test data for unit selloff.
- Uses computer application software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Test Technician (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.