A prominent maritime company is seeking a Senior Buyer for their company in New Orleans. This is a Sr level buyer that requires at least 5 years of experience in purchasing and commodities in the maritime industry. The Buyer will need to review design drawings and understand requirements for procurement. The position will report directly to the Director of Materials. This is a high-priority position, immediate fill! Mid to high $80K salary range. Some experience in power propulsion and controls, or switchboard experience is a plus!
location: New Orleans, Louisiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Prepare requests for quotation.
- Expand both U.S. and international supplier base.
- Review and analyze quotations received.
- Perform value analysis using total cost method.
- Negotiate pricing and terms prior to purchase order award.
- Create, issue and revise purchase orders using MAS 500 business system.
- Review acknowledgements for contract formation issues.
- Prioritize work load to support program schedules.
- Resolve discrepancies between suppliers and the company, including quality and invoicing issues.
- Analyze and report to Sr. Management program budgets and performance tracking against the budget.
- Issue and administer purchase orders for all or most of the procurements made from international suppliers
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in purchasing goods and services related to the Maritime Industry.
- Knowledge of applicable purchasing laws and regulations in accordance with
- Extensive knowledge of purchasing and contract administration practices.
- Maritime/shipbuilding product knowledge of all purchased commodities as they apply to market segments such as commercial and Navy ships.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contract specifications, financial reports, and budget information. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, in written and oral form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.