Our client is seeking a Field Project Engineer to join their remarkable team. This is an incredible organization with optimal potential for a long-term career. Description:
Assists the Project Manager in ensuring the project is completed on time, within budget, and on schedule. The Field Project Engineer acts as liaison between the Project Manager, Design Engineering, Owner, etc. This role covers project engineering tasks including but not limited to: RFI coordination, submittal review / coordination, procurement tracking and vendor coordination, project close out documentation tracking / preparation, etc.
This role will be remote with travel to project sites. During high demand times extended site visits 50%-100% of the time during construction may be required.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Maintain control of all technical project documentation in parallel with the document control lead
- Create, manage, and track RFI's from the field, equipment vendors, and engineering groups
- Coordinates and maintains special inspection documentation for the project from construction acceptance, FAT's, startup, etc.
- Maintain and distribute project plans
- Assist the Project Manager/ Construction Manager in creating and maintaining the project schedule
- Understand Project plans and Specifications
- Facilitate technical evaluations with procurement and recommendations for award with design engineer staff
- Assist project team with conflict resolution between Owner, contractor, and subcontractors
- Track all project submittals and acquire approval for all scopes of work based of the plans and specifications, through the technical design engineer(s)
- Assist Project Manager/Owner in getting grading permits, building permits, etc. for the project
- Understands appropriate building codes/ regulations
- Coordinates project change order management, creation, and tracking
- Assist the project team with documenting job progress reports and schedule
- Assist team with general assigned tasks
The essential functions of this role include:
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Electrical Engineering (3 years of experience is required)
- Construction (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.