A Inventory Clerk is needed for the world's largest standalone medical technology development company in the Santa Barbara, CA area. Ensures that inventories are secure, properly identified and readily accessible to authorized personnel. Maintains controls over various types of inventories (e.g., raw materials) and coordinates incoming and outgoing movement and storage of inventories.
location: Santa Barbara, California
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
PRODUCTION SUPPORT CAREER STREAM:
- Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment, ensuring quantities of incoming and outgoing shipments are correct.
- Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties, uses a computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting.
- (un)packs or (un)wraps items such as raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications; logs receipt of items on system, packing sheets, and other documents.
- Uses various measuring devices and testing equipment with predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually raw materials.
- Accepts or rejects defective or malfunctioning units or systems using blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists.
- Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
- Assists in reviewing production schedule to determine possible and actual shortages and alerts buyer of potential problems.
- Takes appropriate action to notify buyer when damaged material or shortages are identified.
DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS Autonomy:
- Provides support in manufacturing operations and/or May set up and operate automatic or semiautomatic machines and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation.
- May be involved in shipping, receiving, inventory control, or storage of products.
- Established and productive individual contributor.
- Works under moderate supervision; with general supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions for new activities.
- Knows operating equipment and established operational procedures.
- Works on clerical assignments in inventory room that may require application of prior experience.
Innovation and Complexity:
- Performs intermediate activities requiring judgment and decision making in manufacturing/production operations or inventory room.
- Work consists of tasks that are typically routine but may require some analysis to understand and resolve.
Communication and Influence:
- Problems faced are routine and typically exist in current work processes and systems.
- May be required to highlight areas of concerns / problems in own job area.
Leadership and Talent Management:
- Communicates typically with internal contacts within and outside of immediate team.
- Obtains and provides information requiring some explanation or interpretation.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- May provide guidance and assistance to new or entry level employees.
- Requires full job knowledge of production related systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- May require vocational training and/or certification.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.