Pharmaceutical company is seeking a Chemist to join their team. This position is responsible for the performance of a variety of routine scientific tests utilizing laboratory apparatus, including the generation, analysis, and recording of data, with daily supervision. Competitive candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in a science discipline and will have at least 1 year of experience with a Pharmaceutical company, in a laboratory setting.
location: SAN CARLOS, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Executes testing of all active substances, raw materials (excipients), and finished dosage forms according to defined procedures under close direction
- Cross-train on the tasks and testing in IQC and environmental monitoring as required or necessary.
- Participates in the self-directed work team in prioritizing, scheduling, and resource allocation in order to maintain efficient workflow to assure completion of schedules, fully synchronized with the Process Oriented Unit.
- Support deviation investigations including OOS/OOE/OOT
- Participates in laboratory operational improvement projects
- Ensure that all activities are performed according to the local Quality System and SOP's, as well as national and local regulations
- Demonstrate behaviors and positive attitudes in line with Quality Assurance values.
- Performs other duties as may be required or necessary
- Ensures compliance with GMP/HSE regulations, company policies, procedures and standards as appropriate for the role. Champions a Quality Culture and ensures a safe working environment.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Pharmaceutical (1 year of experience is required)
- Laboratory (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.