Controls Engineer at a leading chemical manufacturer located in Kansas City, KS. This role is responsible provide support to plant operations to address controls issues, as well as identify and implement process improvements. To be considered - must have at least five (5) years Controls experience in a manufacturing environment (Chemical, Wastewater, Paper industry is preferred). B.S degree in Engineering is preferred. This is a Direct-hire opportunity. Moving assistance is available. APPLY NOW!
location: Kansas City, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Provide support to plant operations to address controls issues, as well as identify and implement process improvements
- Process control system design and maintenance, to include PLC's, MCC's and VFD's.
- Process instrumentation including mass flow meters, continuous and discrete level transmitters, pressure transducers and temperature transducers.
- Set up new Factory Talk directives; create new displays and other supporting HMI development activities.
- Define and troubleshoot networks that span multiple subnets or VLAN's.
- Work in and around 480 V MDCC including motor systems that are VFD controlled.
- Manage a small to mid-size controls projects to maintain schedule and budget.
- Directly supervises the sites Instrument Technicians
- Must have at least five (5) years Controls experience in a manufacturing environment (Chemical, Wastewater, Paper industry is preferred)
- PLC programming abilities including Allen Bradley's control logix, SLC and PLC5 platforms.
- Ability to create new logic and exceed normal troubleshooting capabilities.
- HMI development abilities including Rockwell Automation software, Factory Talk, RS View and other products integrated with AB.
- Supervisor experience or willingness to lead direct reports is preferred
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Bonus potential
- Growth opportunity
- PTO / Vacation plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.