Sr. Process Engineer
Privately held global manufacturing company located in the Birmingham, AL area is currently in search for a Sr Process Engineer due to the recent growth and sales forecast. This is and excellent opportunity for a candidate with a minimum of 5 years extrusion experience to join a rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have experience working with materials (blending), process engineering for tubing, extrusion and other extruded products.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 5+ years related experience
- Hands on experience with a strong background in a polyethylene extrusion business
- strong experience in troubleshooting and fixing electrical components, programs and software
- strong experience in troubleshooting and fixing mechanical components related to equipment
- strong project management skills
- strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean techniques
- Experience with Design of Experiments and Measurement Systems Analyses
- Proven record of improving processes and increasing line efficiencies
location: Steele, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 148,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plays a key role in coordinating safety improvements on the extrusion lines.
- Responsible for developing manufacturing processes related to extruded products.
- Defines pre/post processes to optimize efficiencies, yields, productivity.
- Provides engineering support to production by troubleshooting the extrusion processes and tooling, and by help defining maintenance requirements.
- Perform sustaining engineering functions for the facilities as required.
- Provides SBU support for new product development and resolving any quality issues.
- Drives process improvement through Lean and Six Sigma techniques, including Failure Mode Effects Analyses (FMEA) and Design of Experiments.
- Leader in the implementation of corrective actions in projects and in normal operation.
- Conceive, justify, and implement significant product design improvements to reduce prime cost through the use of alternate materials, redesign, labor optimization, etc.
- Available to travel and flexible schedule.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Control
- Process Improvement
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.