Fortune 500 Manufacturer is seeking a Packaging Engineer. This position is located near Jackson, Michigan. The Packaging Engineer will act as a subject matter expert for all packaging solutions focused around design, testing, and cost reduction projects.
The hourly rate is commensurate with experience ranging from $50 to $70 per hour. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
location: Jackson, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for all aspects of research, design and testing of packaging to ensure compliance with any federal/state regulations, ECT/Mullen standards or other specifications
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on designing and adapting product packaging to support automated packing and loading
- Partner with equipment, software and material vendors, along with internal departments to develop optimal specifications for packaging, automation integration and carton graphics
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Research & Development
- Product Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.