Engineering client involved in engineering & construction projects is looking for a Drafter or Designer for a 6+ month contract to hire assignment in Centennial, CO. This role is responsible for creating and revising detailed drawings specifically for fire protection systems. Candidates must be local or able to reliably commute.
location: Englewood, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 33 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- You will provide technical drafting and design support for the creation of construction documents for many fire and life safety systems (sprinkler, foam suppression, water spray, fire suppression, fire pumps, building fire alarms, etc...) for commercial and industrial buildings
- Produce construction drawings using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Microstation, Smart Plant, PDS, and Revit
- Work alongside engineering team and clients to ensure fire suppression systems are in line with project specifications.
- Oversee drafting and design of fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke evacuation, and life safety systems.
- Prepares non-routine drawings with complex features using information from rough sketches, detailed engineering notes or brief verbal guidance
- The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of relevant fire protection experience
- You must have an AS or BS degree in drafting technology
- AutoCAD & Revit experience is required
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Microstation, SmartPlant, SprinkCAD, and Navisworks is needed
- NICET certification in Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, and/or Special Hazards is desirable
- Need experience with Revit and AutoCAD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.