A pulp/paper manufacturer east of Columbus is seeking a Production Superintendent to manage the production department and implement change within the mill. This Production Superintendent will supervise 4 production supervisors and their associates (approximately 50 people total), implement process improvement initiatives within the mill, supervise the maintenance of a 5-cylinder pressure machine, and help the mill transition to a more "hands on" environment. The ideal Production Superintendent candidate will have 5+ years experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment, previous supervisory experience, previous pulp/paper manufacturing experience, and experience with mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment.
Our Client is offering relocation assistance for the right candidate.
location: Baltimore, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Manage 4 production supervisors and indirectly manage 48 operators.
- Manage the preventative maintenance of a 5-cylinder pressure machine.
- Implement process improvement initiatives within the mill.
- Motivate the production and stocking departments to be more hands-on.
- Drive the mill culture towards an incident free workplace.
- 5+ years of heavy industrial manufacturing experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Paper/pulp manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Continuous Improvement experience.
- Willingness to work in a union environment.
- Change agent.
- Hands on.
- Team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.