A Preconstruction and Estimation Manager is needed in Jacksonville, FL for a Design Build Construction and Engineering Group. The ideal candidate will have experiene with commercial construction of food processing plants, healthcare facilities, state of the art warehousing facilities. This role is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of the project preconstruction phases to achieve the cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating and bidding. Must have experience in preparing detailed estimates (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction) and analyzing cost models during the Design Development and/or bidding period. This role will also will work with subcontractor proposals.
location: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop and maintains bidding database
- Collaborate with design team to develop best options and recommends best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Develop conceptual cost models to assist owners and architects with preliminary planning
- Actively participate in presentation, interview & proposal preparation
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures
- Supports the project team and reviews all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation; maintains margin in pricing.
- Works with Operations to develop and analyze phasing, sequencing plans and site use plans.
- Leads all constructability reviews
- Develop Construction Phase administrative procedures manuals in conjunction with Operations
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Estimating (5 years of experience is required)
- Preconstruction Manager (10 years of experience is required)
- Bidding Databases (1 year of experience is required)
- Commercial Construction (9 years of experience is required)
- Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.