Maintains facilities, facilities systems and equipment in order to provide a safe, efficient and comfortable workplace. Responsibilities include operation, repair, and preventative maintenance of building facilities and equipment; move and installation of equipment; and other related duties. Provides technical assistance to engineering to support the facilities. Assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to control or improve Facilities processes.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 30 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
education: High School
**This role will have the ability to work a partial flexible schedule (four 10-hour days or five 8-hour days).
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance of plant and/or office facilities and equipment by using hand tools as required.
- Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
- Performs work in more than one of the maintenance trades: plumbing, machine and equipment repair, electrical, HVAC, construction, general repair, and/or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs, etc.
- Makes routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, calibrates and repairs machines and equipment.
- Works with outside contractors on facilities and equipment repairs.
Quality Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- High School or equivalent and at least 4+ years of related experience
- Experience with commercial maintenance and repairs
- Communication skills with the ability to partner with internal and external vendors
- Mechanically inclined
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office, Service request systems, preventative maintenance systems
- Valid driver's license required
- 2-year technical degree preferred
- Experience supporting facilities work orders at a large plant/facility
- HVAC or boiler rooms certification is a plus
The essential functions of this role include:
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Capital Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.