Our client in Pleasanton, CA is looking for an Associate Test Engineer to start right away, you will be responsible for performing all integration and final test procedures on clients X-ray computed tomography products. With some assistance, this individual will debug and correct all functional problems during integration and final test allowing the system to meet factory and the customer requirements. The ATE will also participate in the incoming inspection process, qualifying critical components selected for incoming testing. They will be required to assist other team members to document, analyze and interpret tests for systems, products or critical components along with implementing any internal quality directives. All these activities are to be performed with a solid work ethic that highlights the following values: Customer Success, Results Driven, Integrity, Technical Leadership, Teamwork and Quality & Reliability.
location: Dublin, California
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 27 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with planning, production and ATE Level 2 and 3's to ensure timely scheduling and completion of their system during the integration and final test process
- Ensure all systems meet or exceed written test requirements and specifications
- Responsible for performance and quality checks of all products shipped to customers
- Qualify per the written procedures, the quality of selected critical components to be used in the production process through the incoming inspection process
- Communicating with coworkers and other departments on any issues needing resolution during integration and final test. Must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
- The employee must exhibit a positive attitude towards the various job functions required and must be flexible
- Employee must be able to interact and relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Document legibly and accurately all work completed according to company policy, and submit on a timely basis once system ships
- Prepare and maintain documentation for testing procedures on systems and critical components. Assist in maintaining system manuals to incorporate any new procedures or design changes.
- Follow the ECR/ECO process to ensure documentation is up to date and current
- Coordinate any DMR's created from integration and final test activities and resolve any issues
- Communicate any delays to the Production Manager and Production Control on systems not meeting the companies or customer requirements (performance or delivery). Propose solutions and implement.
- Maintain customer information files and ensure accuracy of data
- Assist in creating and maintaining flow charts and work instructions on all Testing/Quality related tasks
- Maybe required to travel on occasion to assist in system installations
- Perform other duties as required
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Technical or Associate Level Degree or equal in an Engineering related field or 4-5 years' experience in medium to high level testing of opto/electro-mechanical OEM equipment. X-ray/optics experiences a plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
- Testing (4 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.