Research Formulation Chemist is needed near Levittown, PA for a leading chemical manufacturer for the personal care industry. This position is responsible for formulation preparation and application testing of treated test substrates (polymeric, stainless steel or ceramic). Must have a BS degree in Chemical, Physical or Biochemical science discipline and at least two (2) years experience in formulation development and applications testing within a laboratory setting. This is a contract opportunity slated to last initially for a period of six months with possibility of extension. APPLY NOW!
location: Bristol, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for formulation preparation and application testing of treated test substrates (polymeric, stainless steel or ceramic)
- Formulations development for long-lasting cleansing and/or disinfection of hard surfaces
- Preparation of compositions containing different types and dosage of biocides, specific surfactants, co-solvents and macro-molecules
- Polymer architectures will be explored while designing performance formulations
- Using solution characterization techniques, adsorption and film formation and test methods
- Bachelor's or Master's degree related to the Chemical, Physical or Biochemical Sciences (chemistry, physics, physical chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, polymers science, microbiology or biochemistry)
- At least two (2) years experience in formulation development and applications testing within a laboratory setting
- Experience working in a research/laboratory environment
- Ability to adapt formulations to meet application test targets
- Experience related to treatment or modification of surfaces and/or microbial control
- Experience in hard surface cleaner / disinfection.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Research & Development (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.