A Quality Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Moline, IL area. This job will provides quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, supply management, and manufacturing and/or distribution organizations to assure Company product quality meets the customers' expectations.
location: Moline, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $34.14 - 49.05 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Participates on PDP (Product Delivery Process) teams as the Quality representative, ensuring quality activities and plans are formulated and followed.
- Engages in applying/leading Quality tools in Product Delivery Process (PDP) teams.
- Encourages early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities.
- Participates in Design Process and Assembly Reviews (DPARs), print reviews, and design reviews of new products.
- Monitors and facilitates quality activities for part approval, verifies manufacturing processes (control plans, assembly instructions) and confirms process capability.
- Uses quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria to ensure the identification of quality failure concerns for both internal and external manufactured parts and assemblies.
- An example is Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA). Investigates unit quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes, gathers and analyzes data, resolves/facilitates resolution and implements corrective action.
- Engages in applying/leading Quality tools on Customer Support Process (CSP), Continuous Improvement (CI),and/or Value Improvement (VI) teams.
3+ in a manufacturing environment Education:
4-year Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.